Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Modeling

I have just recently gotten into Modeling and I simply LOVE it! I haven't ever really been particularly good at anything..so I got into Theatre and I really enjoyed it! My favorite part of it all was when the lights got turned on, the audience went silent, and the curtain went up. Ever since I saw Wicked in Chicago, I knew I always wanted to do something with acting for the rest of my life. But, acting is a very competitive business so I sort of let go of my dream and began to pursue fashion. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE fashion, every morning when I wake up, my favorite part is getting dressed. It's like creating new art every day! The talent agency I work for has open call every Friday from 12:00-6:00pm to see new talent. A women in my neighborhood, Deb, messaged me on facebook and told me I would be great for modeling and that I should check it out. Now, my whole life, I had been told, "You are gorgeous!" But never had I considered modeling, I honestly didn't think I was pretty enough. But after I went in on Friday and got signed on and everything. Even that, just getting signed one. Having someone want me. I just felt so incredible and my self confidence just soared after that. It may sound silly to be so happy over just getting signed on. But my whole life I have always missed my chance by that much. There was always someone who was better than me, at everything. But modeling, modeling was my thing. And I adore it, and would love to it for as long as possible. I would have to say, my favorite part of modeling is getting to try all of the new makeup. Each week, when I go to lessons at Stars Talent Studio to become a better model, we are told to try new makeup, and have different hair each week. I love experimenting with hair and makeup! It's great fun! Well, to end this ramble session about modeling, here is a quote about modeling from fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent...
A good model can advance fashion by ten years.” Yves Saint Laurent

No comments:

Post a Comment