Monday, July 18, 2011

Exercise And Diet

Being healthy and fit is a very big part of being a model. Stars Talent Studio's motto is "Being a Healthy Role Model in the Media". And in order to do so 100%, you have to eat healthy as well as exercise. I don't particularly follow a strict diet plan every day. What I try to do however, is have 3 servings of fruit and vegetables every day, and lower my intake in carbohydrates, oils and sugars. When I first decided I was going to eat healthier, I made a pact to myself that every time I craved sugar, or fast food I would eat an apple. Even if I didn't crave one, or if I had already had 3 that day. After a couple weeks of following this pact, I began to not crave sugar, oils or fast food. In fact, every time I pass a Wendy's (Which is my personal favorite fast food place!), I actually get a little sick to my stomach, because I know, if I have fast food then I have to have an apple. This may not work for everyone, but I would suggest that if you have a problem eating sugar and fast food, you should try something like this. It sure worked for me :]
Now for exercise. I have learned the hard way that you just have to use the process of elimination to find the workout routine that works for you. For me personally, I do a pilates workout video for 1/2 hour in the morning, and then at night, I do a 1/2 hour of yoga. And then if I get bored of doing that everyday, I will mix it up by jumping rope for 15 minutes (Which burns 200 calories!!) and then doing the pilates for only 15 minutes. I love pilates for me because I naturally, have huge thigh muscles, so I don't need to build muscle, I need to tone it down. And pilates is really good for that. Here is one of the poses that is included in the video I own, which is Winsor Pilates: Advanced Body Slimming.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment